Computer Addict! 8:52 p.m. 2003-08-15
Drive Time - AM: 35 minutes
Today's Friday Five:
1. How much time do you spend online each day?
Ummm, do I have to answer that? Okay - it depends. Today, for instance, I was online quite a bit at school (researching Hispanic Heritage Assemblies in preparation for organizing one for our school - in case you are getting judgemental on me!) while my students watched a movie. But, of course, that led to a search for El Vez information and lyrics (he was in the video...), potential Power Point templates (for the Hispanic Heritage daily factoid...), and even a site on Polish jokes (don't ask - it was an object lesson for my student from Poland who was unaware of the stereotypes of his people!)
After I got home, more web surfing! The sickness is deep!
Notice how I didn't say how many hours? ;-)
2. What is your browser homepage set to?well, it's set to Diary-X. I started with the whole online diary thing on Diary-X, and I hate to say it, but it's a little more attractive than the Diaryland homepage. It also has a ready list of currently posted diaries, and a place for my daily reads!
3. Do you use any instant messaging programs? If so, which one(s)?
No. A long time ago, while I was still on my Mom's AOL account, I used to be accessible that way, and it was a real pain. I never knew the rules about what information not to give, and would be startled from my online activities by everything from lonely guys, looking for a hook-up, to students, looking for homework help (I was a French teacher at the time).
4. Where was your first webpage located? Diary-X - if you can call that a webpage. I have designed one in my HTML class, for my profession, but it is waiting for content (I am a graphics fan!) and to be loaded on my husbands webspace at Earthlink.
5. How long have you had your current website? I began my first journal about 2 years ago. I have since abandoned it, and have three (count 'em, THREE!) journals - one anonymous and secret, on, a blog called It's All About the Food!, where I am attempting to save a collection of recipes, and this one.
I've been on the computer enough - time to bail!
© Tiedyefor 2003