Super Bowl Sunday 5:22 p.m. 2005-02-06

Well, it's Mardi Gras weekend, and I am in Georgia. And it's really nice weather out there in New Orleans (at least it was yesterday...). Wahhhhhh! I wanna go!!!! I could be drinking a Hurricane now!

Instead, my dad is visiting, and he made the most awesome jambalaya ever - don't even try to tell me you've had better because you haven't!!!! My mother also made gumbo - but I haven't had it yet - I have to stretch my Louisiana food out!

For some reason, I have been very tired this week. Friday, after fighting traffic, I found out that my massage appointment needed to be rescheduled. I did that, and received a free massage for the following day. When I finally got home again, I hit the sack.

I went into one of those stuporous nap modes, and I could not get out of it. My husband came home and tried to get me up to go to dinner or a movie, but I could not be persuaded. I decided to call it a night - a night that started at 6:30 PM.

Then, I received three phone calls in a row. The first, I ignored. When it rang again, I ignored it - and appparently my husband could not be bothered to get the phone either. The third time, I threw myself across the bed and picked up the receiver. What I heard was a series of noises, but no person. I said hello a couple of times, then, said, "MOM?" No answer, so I hung up and checked messages.

The message recording was the same thing - and it seemed obvious that someone's cellphone was not locked and had called my number. I called Mom's phones and left a message, and then realized I was too awake now. Since it was almost 10PM, I persevered and stayed in bed til I fell asleep again.

I woke up Saturday morning around 9AM, and puttered around a bit. I tentatively made plans to get on the road - it was a beautiful day - and go to Buford to check out Historic Old Buford. I packed up the dog, and called Mom, since she had not returned my call yet.

No answer on either cell or her home phone. After a series of leaps of imagination, it seemed plausible that one of my parents (my dad was in Dalton and has no cell phone) had maybe fallen and could not get up... I turned my car around and headed for Mom's condo, since going to Dalton was more than I wanted to do at the time.

Mom's house looked in order, and her dog was there, so I decided to kidnap the dog and hold her hostage until I got a call from my mother. I then meandered around the northwest part of town, with vague longings for sushi. I stopped at Value Village and picked up a few things, then was going to take the dogs to the polo fields.

When I got there, however, I realized that I had only one hour before my re-scheduled massage appointment. I cut our walk short, stopped by Il Papiro in Vinings to see what new papers they had, and then headed for the Atlanta School of Massage, where I was 15 minutes early.

After my massage, I went home and discovered I was ravenous. I realized that I had not eaten in over 24 hours - my last meal being lunch at school. So I immediately served myself one bowl, and then another, of jambalaya. Wierd.

Today was a little more regular. I did drive to Buford, and walked my dog around their large new high school campus and state of the art football stadium, then drove home and had more jambalaya.

I did a little straightening up, but am no where near doing the things I planned on doing: washing the dog, coloring my hair, photographing things to put on E-Bay. Oh well, my husband just got offered a new job, so I may take it easy a little bit - or just put up ready-made items on E-Bay.

Oh, we had dinner with Mom last night after she got off work. I told her that I had been worried, and she said that she didn't call. Later on, while eating pizza, she looked at her cell phone. She had called me at 6:00 PM on Saturday........

....and 8:56, 9:00, and 9:06 on Friday night! Or at least her cellphone had! Hmmph!

Dad made it back from Dalton at around 5:30 this afternoon, despite car trouble - his feul injection thingy failed - but he was able to get it fixed. He is in the living room, watching the Super Bowl.

previous next

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
Powered by

hosted by

Tiedyefor 2003