Cocktails! 10:15 a.m. 2004-06-18 Current Listening: Everybody Smokes in Hell by John Ridley
Netflix Queue: Sex and the City, Season 6, Part 1, Disks 1, 2, and 3
I am just puttering around! My husband and I are talking about getting in the car and going to the mountains, but we have things to do first!
I am working on a really large collage right now - I went out and bought some acid-free drawing paper and am pasting things to that.
Because it is summer, I have been indulging in cocktail hour pretty regularly. Cocktails and Prozac? Well, I just have one drink. For a while, I had margarita fixings, and would add Midori. But I am out of tequila and mix , so I have had to improvise. Before I tell you of my new drink sensation, I found an amusing quiz on someone else's blog. Check it out:
Anger? Who, me? I don't think so. I think I like this better:
Now that I am coming up with a concept for my business, I wonder if I now should switch from Tiedyefor Designs to something more "Celestial"?
Just what are the cosmic implications of a Go-Quiz? First horoscopes and tarot readings, then fortune cookies and inane quizzes on the internet...
When does it stop??????!!!!!!!
Okay, I'm better now. After searching the Internet for a way to profit on my new drink sensation, I have found nothing. So, here it is. (I guess I will put it on my recipe site as well!)
Brazilian Cherry Lime (it's a working title!)
2 Key Limes or 1 regular Lime, quartered
1 or 2 Tablespoons of sugar
8 fresh cherries, with pits
1 ounce of cachaça
1 can of pink or regular lemonade
1. Place the lime quarters in the bottom of a drink glass or bowl. Add sugar and crush with a mallet or mortar.
2. Add cherries and continue to crush.
3. Add cachaça and crush to mix with liquor.
4. This step is optional. If you are annoyed by floating fruit and seeds, strain the mixture into your drink glass. If you don't mind (and it's not too bad with regular limes - Key limes have more seeds) then put the whole thing in your glass.
5. Fill glass with ice and add lemonade (I tried the new limeade and didn't like it as much...).
6. Add a straw and keep can handy to top off - you can add more spirits if you like, as well!
© Tiedyefor 2003